Saturday 3 October 2009

And the Winner Is...

Hey all, well actually there's two winners, cos after writing all the names on bits of paper and sticking them in a hat, my two sons had a bit of a tussle about who should pick out the winner... Which ended with them both picking one!

So Amanda Gardner and Rachael Blair come on down!!

Just email me your snail mail addys if you haven't already and I'll post off a copy asap.

Many thanks to everyone who entered...

It was a lovely distraction from the lengthy call I got from my editor yesterday afternoon about Leo and Issy's story... She really liked a lot of my latest ms, but there were a few slight problems. Firstly, I seem to have mislaid the sexual tension somewhere, cos it ain't in the ms. And my heroine's a bit of a tart!

So it's back to the drawing board on this one for the next week or two. See, I always knew there was no gain without pain. This one was too darn easy. Right oh, off to go sweat some blood and beat this sucker into submission...

5 comments:

Rachael Johns said...

Yahoo!! Yay for me and Amanda! I'm glad you sons had a tussle!

LOL on your heroine being a tart. Reminds me of something my best friend's mum once said to me... but that's a WHOLE other story!

Amanda Gardner said...

Thank you, Heidi.

I have enjoyed your books especially Daisy and Connor's story.

Good luck on the revisions for Leo and Issy's story.

Heidi Rice said...

My pleasure Rach and Amanda,

Hope you enjoy the story.

H x

Caroline said...

LOL Heidi! "A bit of a tart" I like it. But on a serious note I would imagine that it must be quite hard to get the balance right from a writing perspective! Take care. Caroline x

Lacey Devlin said...

Congrats Amanda and Rach!

I hope you find your misplaced sexual tension, although by the sounds of it Issy's doing her darnest to find it for you!