Wednesday 21 October 2020

The Royal Pregnancy Test Launch Countdown: Casting Leo and Juno

Hello to my 6-day Launch Party for The Royal Pregnancy Test, so excited you could join me in celebrating the print release of this book which is #1 in The Christmas Princess Swap.


I'm gonna spend the next 6 days doing short blogs about all sorts of things to do with Juno and Leo's story... The Inspiration, the setting, my partnership with the fabulous Natalie Anderson who wrote the 2nd book in the series, The Queen's Impossible Boss, the premiere of our book trailer, etc...

So onto Day 1 and the big question of...

Who Would Play Leo and Juno in a Movie?

Or in other words, a chance to give you all a little visual of my hero and heroine inspiration for the book - which is where Pinterest comes in...

Let me explain: Basically when writing a book for Harlequin, authors have to fill out an Art Fact Sheet. This is for the art department so they can decide on a cover design, but also for Harlequin's booksellers around the world - everywhere from Italy to Japan! - to decide if they want to translate the book for their markets... (Yes, please). Anyway, AFS are hard to do, it requires writing a very concise synopsis, working out your themes and listing key scenes, usually all before you've actually written the book. So to simplify things, I love to go on Pinterest and do a board for the book...

If you check out my Pinterest account you'll find all my books there (including the book I'm currently working on), but for this book I had two very specific celebs in mind for my hero and heroine...




Leo was definitely based on Henry Cavill, partly because he has a timeless gorgeousness, but also because he looks amazing in a suit and I could totally see him being a bossing King of a small European Country and that is sooo Leo. Because Leo's super smart, somewhat arrogant, a brilliant diplomat, but also someone who hasn't had nearly enough fun in his life and it shows, because he takes his job and his duty to the crown WAY TOO SERIOUSLY...

Enter Juno Monroyale to shake up Leo's life big time and show him that love doesn't have to be a threat it can actually be a joy. But that doesn't mean it's not also dangerous. For Juno I totally had Cara Delevingne in mind, because she's stunning but also has that edgy yet vulnerable beauty that fit with Juno's Rebel Princess style.

Join me tomorrow for Day 2 and a first showing of The Christmas Princess Swap book trailer.

No comments: