Wednesday 8 August 2007

Once More Unto the Blog...

Okay, here goes. After a little tip from Ally Blake, one of my fellow Modern Extra authors, I've finally figured out how to start a blog. As I'm remarkably crap at all things computer orientated (which would explain why I didn't even know what a blog was till about two months ago), and I'm so far outside the Zeigiest I can't even spell it, it's a miracle I ever got this far. But one thing I can do is waffle, so maybe this will work out after all.

So what to talk about for my first post.... Hmmm... Stares at the wall for several minutes...

Well, I didn't get to go to the RWA conference in Dallas, or the Aussie RW conference currently going on in Oz somewhere, because I live in London and I'm completely skint, so I can't talk about that...

Hmm... Stares at the the wall for several more minutes.

I guess I could talk about my current work in progress (Or WIP to all those authors or soon-to-be authors out there). It's my third MS (or manuscript for anyone intimidated by the use of initials like moi) for Mills and Boon's Modern Extra imprint (soon to be renamed Modern Heat apparently). The working title is The Thrill of the Chase (which will almost certainly get changed because my titles officially suck). It's set in Vegas and Big Sur (on California's Central Coast) and concerns a stranded English girl called Kate Denton and a multi-billionaire hotel magnate called Zack Boudreau. I've just handed it in to my editor Bryony and I'm currently keeping my fingers crossed hoping she likes it...

That's all for now, because I've got to figure out how to customize my blog without buggering it up. This could take a while.

No comments: