Tuesday 20 January 2009

Heart on Sleeve Time

Am off to Ireland today to see my best mate Catri (girl talk is always good for the inspiration process I find, especially if margaritas are involved!), pop in to join Abby Green for a tango lesson (honestly, I kid you not, I couldn't make this stuff up right!) and raise a glass towards the US State Capitol Building at 6pm Irish time for the Inauguration of the 44th US Pres.

Now, this ain't a political blog, and I'm not preaching here (would I be so uncouth), but whatever the colour of your political affiliations you've got to admit that today is an historic moment in the USA. 

As Martin Luther King once (sort of) said 'America will be a great nation when people are judged not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character'. 

Now, no-one's saying Obama's the new Messiah, least of all him, but I for one will be shedding a little tear of emotion when those two beautiful black girls walk into The White House. So now you know what a total wuss I am. What a day!

No comments: