Friday 25 September 2009

Must-Watch Friday - Gone with the Wind

I am waxing lyrical about Gone with the Wind today over at the Pink Heart Society, so do pop over there and let me know what you think of David O Selznick's gargantuan romance. It's the film that introduced me to alpha males and feisty females and great, big, gushing romantic fantasies at an early age, so it has a place close to my heart...

Despite the fact that in the years since I first fell in love with it I have become aware of its shortcomings. A movie of its time definitely, but one we're never likely to see the likes of again. And Clark Gable! Can I just say, Yum! (even with the tache)

4 comments:

Joanne Coles said...

It's right up there with The Sound of Music and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as one of my fave films ever.

I remember showing my kids half an hour at a time a few years ago, my daughter loved it too. Son, not quite so much :-)

Heidi Rice said...

Yes, my oldest son took a real shine to this movie too, being a bit of a fashionista he was very impressed with Scarlett's frocks.

I love Sound of Music too (which, oddly has that clothes-made-from-curtains thing too!!) but Chitty Chitty Bang Bang has always been a big no-no for me. Not sure which gave me worse nightmares as a kid, that hideous child catcher or the sight of Benny Hill in lederhosen!!

Sally Clements said...

Hi Heidi. I love GWTW, Rhett has got to be the ultimate alpha male, and scarlett is so self centred you just want to slap her silly...

Lacey Devlin said...

I haven't seen GWTW in so long! See look what you've done :P Who wants to do the washing now?