Thursday 10 February 2011

Cupcakes cover! Woohoo!

Off to Selfridges today to impart much wisdom about how to write a Mills and Boon (or at least try to fake it convincingly)! As you can probably tell current pineapple is still causing a few problems. Have several gem moments in there but as I finish the rough draft I know I'm going to be having a lost weekend trying to winkle them out of all the dross..

But to perk me up I got a sneak peak of my first bona fide Riva cover from my good mate Kelly Hunter (thanks Kelly!). As you know (if you read this blog) Cupcakes and Killer Heels is a linked book to Surf, Sea and a Sexy Stranger and features Maddy's charismatic, wildly gorgeous and completely closed off brother, barrister Callum Westmore, and his flashfire one night stand with lush, sexy and fabulously reckless cupcake entrepeneur Ruby Delisantro... A one night stand that turns into a lost weekend of epic porportions (complete with cupcakes!). Loved the title and now love the cover. Will be posting a sneak peak on my website very shortly... Once pineapple has been birthed!




This for me is one of the best bits of writing... The chance to enjoy the fruits of your labour when all the hard work has been done. It's also a good way to persuade yourself that the bald patch you created while tearing your hair out over your characters and their conflict was worth it (and then you can go out and buy a nice hat with the proceeds!).

5 comments:

Rachael Johns said...

That is one cool cover! I'm really loving the new RIVA covers :)

Anonymous said...

That is a seriously cool cover! :-D

Lacey Devlin said...

I'm loving the new covers too. Cupcakes and Killer Heels looks incredible!

Jackie Ashenden said...

Oh yum! Aren't you lucky to have such a gorgeous cover?? I wanna read! :-)

Heidi Rice said...

Cheers guys, glad you like it as much as me... I have serious shoe envy now though..

Frankly she can keep the cupcake though, did far too much (a-hem) research while writing that book to ever look another cupcake in the eye again.