Friday 18 July 2014

Sad News, Fun News and What Heidi Did Next...

So, I have some sad news and some fun news and some hints about what I'm doing next…

Sad News

Harlequin KISS/M&B Modern Tempted is going to be ending, I think the last book in KISS is out in November and the last MT in January (but don’t quote me on that). My last book in the line Beach Bar Baby, came out in June, and I had no more plans to write for KISS but I am still pretty gutted to see this line go. There were a host of really talented authors in it and we wrote some AWESOME books, sadly in this super-competitive marketplace we could not manage to get them into the hands of enough readers. Publishing is a business and you have to roll with the punches, so have no fear I’m sure we’ll all find new homes but if you want more news about ‘what the KISS authors did next’ just check out the KISS & Tempt Facebook page where we will be chatting about book launches, new ventures, etc.

Fun News

With the RWA conference looming I am currently in the process of packing to go to San Antonio Texas next week. Yeehaw! I’ll be Tweeting and Facebooking and blogging and generally flitting about on social media being a romance diva and romance reader (ie: stalking some of my favourite authors!) but if you want to meet me I’ll be at the Literacy Autographing signing copies of Beach Bar Baby and The Wedding Party (my 2-in-1 with Charlotte Phillips) on Wednesday 23rd 5.30pm-7.30pm at the Marriott Rivercenter Hotel… So come on down if you’re in the area.

What Heidi's Doing Next (she hopes!)

Ok, so you may be wondering what the heck I’ve been doing since I finished writing Beach Bar Baby. Well, first off, I wrote another Cosmo Red Hot Read which is out in October. It's called 10 Rules to Sex Up a Blind Date and I'll be sticking up a sneak peek on my website as soon as I have cover art, but until then…I have a Pinterest board and...
Take one London journalist with a secret Twitter habit desperate to get laid, one US wolf in geek’s clothing, put them together and what have you got..? A super-steamy tale of hot sex, not entirely white lies and a few important lessons in Twitter etiquette.

Next up I’ve got three other projects on the go:

Firstly a quartet of linked novellas with three other fabulous former KISS authors – Amy Andrews, Kelly Hunter and Lucy King – with the working title Fairytales of New York… And that’s all I’m saying on the subject. But we expect it to be fabulous and we’re hoping to get it out next year.

Next up is the book I’m currently working on, I have a sneak peek on the subject matter up on Pinterest, but basically it’s a longer book, I’m hoping to sign the contract very soon. And you’ll be the first to know all the intimate details when I do…

And last but not least, I am still hoping to write more series books for Harlequin. I don’t know where, or how or with which line, but rest assured I’m working on it… Honest.

5 comments:

Incy Black said...

Sorry to hear this...on the upside, RWA looks fun.

Heidi Rice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Rice said...

thanks Incy... Yeah it's always sad when something like this happens. But I'm excited about all the new stuff I'm working on - and the prospect of seeing lots of buff topless cowboys in San Antonio... Sorry, I meant to say the prospect of networking with lots of really wonderful romance writers..!

Unknown said...

I will miss the Kiss line so much! But thrilled one of my fave authors has lots of irons in the fire.

Heidi Rice said...

Thx Tracey the demise of KISS was sad for all of us, we had some very dedicated readers, just not enough of them!! Still I will back - with an even bigger and better book (I hope!!) x