Monday 10 March 2008

The Waiting Game

Sent off the manuscript for Book Four three weeks ago to my editor at Modern Heat and as usual, am finding it hard to concentrate on anything other than why she hasn't got back to me yet. I'm sure it's just pressure of work, but those little worry gremlins won't leave me alone. Why does this never get any easier?

Still, will get back to you as soon as I hear. She did mention a possible November release date, but it's all dependent on what she thinks. Blimey, it's so hard to type with my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Natalie Anderson said...

Heidi - am in the same boat and the whole waiting thing SUCKS doesn't it??!!
I know I"m supposed to be getting on with the next one but really, I'm finding concentration pretty hard. And the worst thing is I know they're SO busy and it'll probably be a while yet before I hear.... ARGH!!!
Where can I buy mental strength and discipline from??!!
;)
~Nat

Heidi Rice said...

Hi Nat

Yeah, waiting does suck the big one (as they say in the good ole US of A). I've got a whole day to write and I know I'm going to spend most of it re-reading the latest ms and picking it apart instead, because that's what I tend to do when I'm waiting to hear. I spend all my time second-guessing what the response is going to be - and tearing my hair out. Discipline! That's what I need. Time to enrol in military school methinks (you see, I'm going officially nuts here!)