Friday 27 November 2009

Yippee!! Book Seven Sold...

Heidi's a happy camper today (despite one of the worst colds known to woman!!) because Leo and Issy's story has finally got the green light. After revisions and tweaking and more, I finally found my sexual tension (and then some.. this is a seriously sexy book folks).

This was a hard one, no doubt about it (and no pun intended!) but usually the tough ones are all the better for it. And as always the problems with this story stemmed from the conflict not working. See isn't this what I always say, it's getting the conflict right that's always the hard part... Shame I didn't pay more attention to myself at the outset.

Still,  once the conflict works  every else tends to magically work as well. And that's no small feat for Modern Heat, where you want a story that will deliver on the fun and flirty tone, but still pack a serious emotional punch.

Still, I'm pleased with the story I ended up with, although sadly I had to change my hero's name at the last minute.... so now he's Giovanni instead of Leonardo.... May have to think up another Italian hero so I can use that name another time.

And to celebrate my success, I've posted the piccie of model David Gandy that was the original hero inspiration for this story.... Oh dear, I guess that means I've got to go hunk-hunting on the internet now to find hero inspiration for my next book. It's a tough life, but someone's gotta do it, right?

12 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Great news, Heidi! Yes, the conflict demon is a tricky one, especially for MH. Please tell me it gets easier! I guess not huh?
Anyway, the book sounds fabulous and I can't wait to read it. Good luck with your hunk hunting. :-)

Lorraine said...

Professional hunk hunting? I hope you're going to share your findings ;-)

Congrats on selling Book 7.

Rachael Johns said...

Ooh fabulous news - can't wait to read it! Congrats!!!

Lynz Pickles said...

Congrats, Heidi! I look forward to reading it!

Caroline said...

Congrats on finishing book 7 - lucky number 7? Looking forward to reading it. I re-read Public Affair, Secretly Expecting last night because I loved this book sooooo much. It's on my "keeper shelf". Take care. Caroline x

Heidi Rice said...

Hey guys thanks for the congrats... Boy was it ever a relief to get that golden phone call from my ed!!

And Jackie.. Yes, that'd be a no then!

And Caroline, just got your Christmas card you sweetie, my sons were mega impressed I have a fan!! And I just found out Public Affair has sold out on the M&B site...So it looks like a winner all round. See and 'no movie star heroes' is one of those rules you hear about all the time. Ha, just goes to prove, rules are made to be broken.

Heidi Rice said...

Forgot to add, I'm sending my best of luck wishes to any of you guys who have entered the I Heart comp...

Sally Clements said...

Oh congratulations Heidi on selling your latest. If he reads like he looks in your pic its going to be a great read! When will it be out, do you think?

Lacey Devlin said...

Yay for Gio/Leo and Issy! I love both Giovanni and Leonardo, is there a story behind the change?

Heidi Rice said...

Hi Sally

Not sure of the release date yet or the title, think it may be around June or July though.

And Lacey,

Yeah, the story is that the PTB didn't want me to use the name of a real architect for my hero.. And as I added a dedication for the lovely Leonardo who answered all my questions about architecture, I sort of gave the game away! Duh.

Lacey Devlin said...

Awww! Still if we get a Gio AND a Leo out of it I can't say I'm anything but hysterically happy :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, yum, Dvaid Gandy! He's the inspiration for my hero Luk as well.