Friday 15 October 2010

Book Comp, First Kisses and Robert Redford in Navy Whites

I'm over at the PHS today, getting all goose-pimplely about the classic weepie The Way We Were... Does anyone look better in Navy Whites than Robert Redford in that movie? I guess Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentlemen gives him some serious competition... You decide.

Now, you can pop over and comment there to win a copy of my new Modern Heat novel, Surf, Sea and a Sexy Stranger, which isn't actually due out until November 17th in the UK... But as I've just received a whole box of them, and I'm super proud of this book, and the gorgeous new cover design for Modern Heat - plus as this is going to be my last Modern Heat book (little sniff of sadness here), with the line morphing into Riva in January - I've decided to give away a copy here too. Simultaneously. How cool and astrologically aligned of me is that!!

All you have to do is email the answer to this simple question to heidi@heidi-rice.com! You may have to scroll back through this blog to get the answer as the details of this book won't be on the M&B website till November 1st. I'll also be posting a sneak peek on my website this weekend so watch out for that. I'll pick the lucky winner next Friday.

Q: In which British coastal county does Maddy rescue Rye from the waves.

Now in other news, I send thru the revisions on Cal and Ruby's story on Tuesday night.... Late on Tuesday night, and am currently keeping my fingers crossed that my ed likes them. I've also been super-busy mentoring my two fab entries in the New Voices competition. So if you want to check out any of the top ten second chapters which are now up, you can here.

And I'm over on I Heart Presents today talking about First Kisses, Second Chances and Unfinished Business with the Duke... Accompanied by this photo of me as a scruffy tomboy (I take no responsibility for that mess of a hairdo, my mother didn't believe in hairbrushes and came from the just-lop-off-the-fringe school of haircuts).

So if you have a great first kiss story - either good, bad or ugly - then come share.

5 comments:

Sally Clements said...

I'll never forget the scene where he's leaning back on the bar with his eyes closed in his whites... I think that was the moment I realised that men were sexy!!

Sharon Kendrick said...

Oh, sweet potato - this film makes my heart lurch with sadness even thinking about it. But Special Lurch Moments are:
1. The meal she goes to so much trouble for when she first meets him.
2. The bit by the sand, when she discovers his betrayal and she cries: "Why did you have to go with her?"
3. And the bit at the end, where she's out protesting and he walks up to her and she tells him he has a lovely daughter that he should go visit....oh, the unbearable sadness in his eyes as he tells he he can't do that.

Was there ever a more poignant film about unlikely love and the death of love?

Jackie Ashenden said...

Crossing fingers for your revisions, Heidi! I'm sure you nail them. And the piccie is great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your hard work mentoring me Heidi. :) I'm super impressed at how much help you gave me while trying to get your revisions done. I learned so much and it's clear you know romance!

Heidi Rice said...

Ah yes Sally, I remember it well... And while I was always more of a Steve McQueen/Paul Newman kinda girl, Bob did have that astonishing golden boy good looks going for him in that movie.

Blimey, Sharon, I totally forgot he cheats on her, managed to skate over it in my PHS blog, must have been in denial!! But yes, a real tearjerker but in a good way as you don't feel your emotions are being maniupulated. Like a great Presents really!

Jackie, just got the great news that Book Nine, Cal and Ruby's story has been accepted. This is a book I really struggled with, so am super happy! Thanks for the good luck, must have helped!!

And Kat, you're very welcome. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in the next round.