Monday 18 October 2010

Come Join the Party!

Earlier this year I took part in a mega exciting project when I was interviewed by journalist Solange Berchemin and photographed by photographer Anne Mortensen for a coffee-table book about writers on writing called Writers in Black and White.

Well, to be honest I almost forgot about it, until a heavy package landed on my doorstep last week... And I opened it to discover an absolutely gorgeous book full of exceptionally talented writers (all beautifully photographed by Anne) talking about their writing life. Everyone from crime-writing phenomenon Lee Child to literary giants such as Hanif Kureshi and Joanne Harris are in there, and alongside all that talent is little ole me!! I'm both honoured and exceptionally proud to be in this book, and I think it shows a real commitment on the part of the book's creators that they have produced such an inclusive view of the publishing industry today. Aimed at giving a unique insight into the lives of profession authors, I feel this book really is an invaluable resource for aspiring writers, not least to help dispel some of the myths about making your living as a writer — in any genre.

Anyway, now to the best bit. There's going to be a pre-launch party to celebrate the release of the book in November at the 5th floor champagne bar at Waterstone's in Picadilly on 27th October, which I will be attending and Solange is giving away a complementary ticket on her blog. So if you happen to live in or near London and want to come and raise a glass of bubbly with me, go check it out.

4 comments:

Roanne said...

Oh wow, sounds very exciting. I need as much inspiration, as well as encouragement on the writing front. Will definitely check out the book, once it's released, sounds like a right treat.

Jackie Ashenden said...

Sigh, I'd love to be there. Do you think she'd pay my plane ticket from New Zealand too? ;-)

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Oh wow, Heidi, how exciting is this?!!

Go you!

Lacey Devlin said...

Ooo a launch party! Will there be pictures?